Provide quality educational service, including special education for learning disabled, behaviorally disordered, emotionally disabled and/or intellectually disabled children, ages 5-12, which are capable of functioning as day students.
Educational services are provided within a therapeutic environment which emphasizes the principle of psycho-education and are directed towards assisting the child in his/her efforts to utilize acceptable classroom behaviors, to adopt more appropriate methods of coping and to improve academic skills directed toward assisting the student in his/her effort to use acceptable classroom behaviors, adopt more appropriate methods of coping and to improved academic skills.
Alternative education is offered to non-special education students who need a more structured small class setting.
- Maximum of 10 students per classroom
- One Teacher to one Teaching Assistant per classroom
- Physically and Sexually Abused Youth
- Emotionally disturbed and behaviorally disordered
- Speech problems and learning disabled
- Intellectually disabled/development delayed
Counseling and Education Services
Extensive group and individual counseling centered on:
- Developing relationships with peers and adults
- Identifying negative behaviors which frequently result in a student’s removal from public school
- Identifying and working on self-esteem issues
Services Included in Daily Rates
- Individualized education plans
- Breakfast and lunch
- Therapeutic recreation
- Behavior Management System
- Computer Literacy Training (Lab and in-class)
- Individual, Group and Family counseling
- Transition Program for students returning to public schools